The TheraSeat Sacral Support System for Inclined Patients
The TheraSeat Semi Zone Accessory Kit enables a compatible alternating system to be adjusted into a seated position of 80 degrees with full support and therapy under the patient’s sacrum.
The TheraSeat SemiZone system is compatible with all alternating overlays and mattresses in our range except for the Theraflow3 Overlay.
It overcomes the main drawback of many alternating systems where the cells under the patient’s sacrum collapse and bottom out when the patient’s upper body is raised beyond 25 degrees.
When installed, the TheraSeat injects the air pressure directly under the patient’s sacrum where most of the body weight is located rather than through the foot end.
Special restriction valves prevent the air pressure transferring to the head and foot end resulting in a zone of high support pressure in the middle where it is needed the most.
Additionally, the compressor motor is upgraded in the Theraflow5 and Theraflow8 from 10 litres per minute to 18 litres per minute. The air hoses in the centre section of the mattress are reinforced with marine grade stainless steel springs to prevent any hose kinking at high angles of elevation.
Lastly, in the Theraflow8, the patented coverlet is replaced with a version featuring vertical support straps to prevent cells in the sacral region from falling over under the increased patient weight.
Revolutionary All in One Air Alternating Management Tool
A new system module which vastly increases the effectiveness of
air alternating overlays and mattresses featuring;
- Important Patient Data available at the bedside such as name/id – weight, location and risk assessment score
- Remote Alerts* If something does go wrong with the system and an alarm is activated, not only will a video play instructing the carer on basic diagnostics to fix the issue but a WiFi alert will also be automatically sent to technical support who will then notify the carer or service team to immediately respond.
- Easy to understand setup and operation videos to enable any carer to handle all aspects of system operation with a high level of expertise.
- Interactive communication system for carers, enabling reminder alerts or messages for the next shift.
- Interactive Risk Assessment Tool. A series of 6 multiple choice questions with fully detailed explanations for each choice enables any qualified carer to conveniently make an accurate assessment of the patient’s risk of developing a pressure area directly at the bedside. The resulting score is represented by a symbol of either Low, Medium or High on the home screen.
- Streaming Nurse Educational Videos*. The ability through WiFi to watch and view videos about a wide range of patient care techniques.
- Monthly Fleet Audit Service for Facilities*
Air Alternating Support Systems are nothing new but are widely recognised as the most effective form of pressure area prevention and treatment of pressure areas.
Extensive market experience shows that nearly 50% of the systems purchased are either setup or operated incorrectly so that they do not maximise the patient benefits for which they were designed.
Often, if a system error occurs the audio visual alarms are ignored due to a lack of understanding or training often leaving the patient’s body on a deflated cell system above the bedframe or underlying mattress.
The revolutionary Alternating Management Interface (A.M.I.) provides the best solution to these issues in a system available nowhere else in the market.
*Requires an operating WiFi signal